Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Poor Internet Play--My Downfall

GAME ON
I am becoming more and more frustrated with my game and the internet game in general. Yep, you're right, things have not gone well. Maybe I should blame it on Stars, since I am down $180 there since moving from party. Although the analysis does not make sense, there are just as bad players both places, and I think I have gotten a little better--wait, I have it. You can not fight stupidity with logic! In developing a learning style, many of the overplayed hands and wrong moves were profitable in the past against the very bad players, and now that I am less likely to push with mediocre holding like tptk or small two pair, etc. then my winnings are significantly reduced. I think it really shouldn't work this way. The draw outs are one thing, but I really am peeved about the loss rate of dominating hands. If I am up against a three outter then I am beat; fact! I also find myself trying to be much more creative than the game really allows; I mean the bottom line is that everyone starts with two cards. I don't like the impersonal/aggressive environment of internet poker, even though the earning potential should be better with a lower rake. Will I quit playing, NO, but do I now think that internet poker could be a supplemental income stream, NO. Earning takes time and effort, and is methodical in many ways, three categories where I am woefully lacking. I have trouble not engaging the game as entertainment, but then furious at the same time for the drunken computer cowboy shredding my KK with 93 off. I think I am now for the internet gaming bill, in so much as I think that regulation will allow for tighter controls on RNG software and other factors that continue to stick in my mind as potential profit making edges for the company. Yes, even if it increases the rake!! Yes, even if it ends up running off the fish, don't forget Lee Jones is feeding them with your raked money by throwing those two outters at them. Just kiddin Lee. Well, enough of the serious and thoughtful, now to a more lighthearted subject like TUNICA is just around the corner. Tunica is like the Las Vegas of the South (accessible to us Midwesterners via a 5 hour drive) and allows for the generally risk aversive to change personalities, sometimes best described as Action Players. Let me reference it in a different way, remember when the straight laced girl in school got drunk, naked and then trained! Well leave out the train, and the naked, and throw in some dice, some Tangaray and maybe a 3-6 limit game. Also add a dose of Vanilla, Big Jim, a lady from Intercouse PA, Jimmy Connors (Ahkbar), The Tortoise, and a few others then there is the recipe for success, OH David will have to be dealing. And, since so many people read my blog, does anyone know how I can get ahold of Trucker Clock by Joel Lindley? I don't want to buy the Greatest Hits on Bob and Tom, which is the only place I can find it. Oh, and I have a smallish (that is a huge lie) surprise for my boy Super Mundus for the Tunica trip. Oh I do Love surprises. I know that he thinks I love to embarrass him, which I do, so I just hope that he can muster the courage to shove it in my face by proudly ____________ my gift as a gesture of deep respect for the way I handle my rig!

No comments:

Post a Comment