Monday, October 01, 2007

Fro "Daddy" Warbucks Straight Pimp'in



OK, I am writing about some exciting news. But, to get this thing started out right let's got to the picture archive.




Yes, as you see to the left that is me, Fro "Daddy" Warbucks holding Michael "Annie" Mundy's hands. And, why does this not make any sense at all to the uninformed reader, well here's why! I was up at the French Lick poker room weekend before last, and was enjoying some 3-6 limit donkery with Nate and Mundo, while the Tough Man was over grinding at the "big game". So we play some 3-6 and the game breaks, then go to squeeze in some dice as we wait. Then head back for more 3-6 when another game gets started. So, in the midst of poker and dice, apparently the SuperMundus forgot to top off the ole tank with green backs. And, to his horror, he finds out that all the ATM lines are down and he has no access to cash flow. And, considering that he is taking it on the chin at the 3-6 table, well I think you can kind of figure it out from there. That's right, Mundo's generous pal is ready with c-note in hand to ensure the fun filled night continues. The sweet part of this entire story is that I really give Mike a hard time about borrowing, which is all in fun, because we know with his immaculate social manners that he is more than good for it, but the fact that he was so devastated to having dad here have to hand over money to keep him flush in white chips was an amazing experience. Well, in true Frodaddy fashion I begin talking it up with the other players at the poker table and go on about how Mike has never paid me back .........which is true even though he had only been into me for like 10 minutes. I didn't really let them know that though. Finally, one lady is so sorry for Mike that she states openly, "I just want to give him a hug". Now I realize you have to be there but this is hilariously funny all the while Nate is rolling about my stories regarding Mike "never" paying me back blah blah blah.



We finally make it to the dice table around midnight, and a time we did have. At this point, Nate owes me $100 and Mike now owes $300, which is outstanding. I mean I am pumped about this situation and can't wait to peel off another c-note any time Mike looks to be running short. But, then it happens. Yep, the dice GODS decree Mike has taken enough abuse from his pal and starts hooking the Super Mundus up with mucho chips. I mean, Mundus is spreading the board heavy upwards of $100 a shooter with his come bets (don't forget the odds), horns, and YO--2 ways. Actually I am surprised he stuck with that heavy approach being so low on fundage, but it turned out great. Mundo ends up popping the dice table for like 8 bills. So he gets out of debt to me and makes 4 hundy. He so quickly paid off this debt that I think he left like only $8 in his tray, which promptly was refilled. Nate also pays back almost instantly and alas, I have lost some of the joy I had, unless you consider that the dice table was spewing chips like a dump truck on tilt. Oh, did I mention, Super Mundus cashes out for his first PURPLE chip. That's right. I also cashed for a purple chip, but not my first, because I am player and I roll like that.


The Tough Man is enjoying the poker action and finally grinds out roughly a grand profit, but really appeared to enjoy me funding Mundus. Let me quote the Tough Man, "it was great, every time I looked over to your table you were handing him another $100". What a beautiful site it was, from this vantage point anyway. I will add that his workman like style does not allow for the above related experience at the dice table--mostly because that is how he rolls.


Oh, hit up another dice session this past weekend, but it was a short and I lost like $27 bucks. I introduced the wifey to the dice table, and it was quite an experience. Looks like golf and Poker (I meant dice) on the agenda for our foursome--and stay tuned, as I will be sure to have a pocket full of ben franks to hand over it the opportunity presents itself.



OH, I really had a bunch more to write, but this job and work thing is really killing me. Peace in the Middle East.

2 comments:

  1. "Fro"Daddy Warbucks. That is disturbing on several levels.

    What this really means is that Natrone might get the ol' cutoff from yours truly when I'm on a potential ATM-restricted bankroll. I think I'll let him borrow from the Daddy instead...

    Of course, I will avoid mention of my back-to-back "2-outer" losses with Aces in a heads-up pot. Oh, wait - no I won't. Sometimes, Driver, those of us who aren't blessed with continual luckbox-ness might experience the ass-end of variance. (And let's not forget flopping the 2nd nuts with J-9 on the same hand that WSOP guy flopped Broadway.)

    But if I'm The Cooler, shouldn't Maria Bello be hanging around French Lick somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you came up with the name Daddy Warbucks, I just morphed it a tad. Now let's not get ridiculous here, you are a good lender. I can't carry both you and Nate on major losses, my kids still have to eat ya know!

    And, for your information, I got busted from my last tournament with AA heads up vs. JJ and the other guy never made trips. I wasn't gonna mention it, but yeah I guess I will.

    PokerStars Game #12366881046: Tournament #62749926, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/09/30 - 21:30:33 (ET)Table '62749926 10' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Frodaddy10 (10101 in chips) Seat 3: Maruni (12472 in chips) Seat 5: spiderman13 (6839 in chips) Seat 6: guevarad (23636 in chips) Seat 7: Ubenbeat16 (18139 in chips) Seat 8: kxywrx1 (9648 in chips) Seat 9: ethunder12 (12520 in chips) Frodaddy10: posts the ante 50Maruni: posts the ante 50spiderman13: posts the ante 50guevarad: posts the ante 50Ubenbeat16: posts the ante 50kxywrx1: posts the ante 50ethunder12: posts the ante 50ethunder12: posts small blind 300Frodaddy10: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Frodaddy10 [As Ac]Maruni: folds spiderman13: folds guevarad: folds Ubenbeat16: folds kxywrx1: folds ethunder12: raises 1200 to 1800Frodaddy10: raises 3000 to 4800ethunder12: raises 7670 to 12470 and is all-inFrodaddy10: calls 5251 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [Qs Th 9d]*** TURN *** [Qs Th 9d] [8d]*** RIVER *** [Qs Th 9d 8d] [Ts]*** SHOW DOWN ***ethunder12: shows [Jc Js] (a straight, Eight to Queen)Frodaddy10: shows [As Ac] (two pair, Aces and Tens)ethunder12 collected 20452 from pot

    So, I guess I am saying it happens to us all, except for Nate. Have not heard my theory about flopped straights never win 'for us'.

    ReplyDelete