Thursday, October 11, 2007

Big Pot Poker and the impending Variance


OK, I haven't had a lot to say about my ongoing issue with the "Tough Man" regarding my considerable dislike of his "big pot" poker tendencies. So often I hear, the whole night is about 1 or 2 big hands. So, I get the phone call yesterday about his venture to El Caesar on Tuesday, and it starts out with the following: How'd it go? "You don't even want to know". Well, I must admit that I immediately thought that the Tough Man had a good night, because he has used that same line on me before. So, I am waiting for the big story about some big hands and call downs and how he made $700 blah blah blah. But, no, that is indeed not what I got.


The "Tough Man" apparently is at home in the Eastern poker culture, and finally outran the Karma that has been holding him down. The Tough Man crushes the game for almost $2000 and does it with J8. Well, I must say that I would have probably laid the hand down with the reraise on the flop, but he just doesn't have it in him if there is the slightest chance he thinks he is good. And well, UPS, or Ship IT was the result. So Power Poker got cute with KK and Tough Man wins a $2000 pot. I say, good for him.


And, because I am writing about a potentially certified "cash game killah" in the making, I will put up a few things he says I have been missing. First, Natrocity is an online beast at Stars. That's right, Nater the Dominator has deposited and nearly doubled his buy in playing sng's. The "Tough Man" has requested a comparison screen shot from Sharkscope and I have been hesitant to do so, since I have been pulling up the rear, but you know what, I got balls, and have no problems getting it into print right here. so here ya go! (This screen shot is actually at the top of this post as you well know) I must say that Super Mundus is really missing his calling--as he should be mega multi tabling with that ROI. And, for Natrocity, well, I am happy as hell for him, because I was not sure that his style was going to necessarily fair well on the internet. But, what in the hell do I really know.
Oh, I have also forgot to mention the Tough Man's recent tournament success online, but the only problem is that when he wins $1500 he only get to keep like $60 bucks. It is time for another big payday on line so he can cash out for a new truck, or so he can pay more child support. With the Tough Man's larger roll, does this now mean he is a 2/5er? Time will tell, but one thing has become clear. He definitely has his GAME ON!
Maybe I will go to Caesars next Wednesday for the free roll after all, especially if the games are soft enough for the White Asian to rape them.


2 comments:

  1. Daily blogs are definitely the way to go. Now for the "I got balls" comment, I feel the need to clarify some. After a week of telling you how much blog material you had, with Nate joining the online ranks as one of the major topics, your reluctance to post a sharkscope screen shot was totally based on your negative profit number and you worked your ass off to get there and WHAMMO screen shot. I know that Nate early dominance has to be a bit intimidating but now I can officially welcome you to "winners" side and hope you never go back. When are you setting up the private game so I can show Nate how much he has to learn yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you are saying is that my balls swelled after getting a positive profit, which allowed me the courage to post the sharkscope screenshot? Well, not true. I manned up and that is that.

    Now, the real challenge is to get Mundo to put some money on Stars so we can play--I'm not sure that he isn't scared of Nate's early dominance and that is the reason for his hesitancy.

    ReplyDelete