Friday, July 21, 2006

July 20th Wow

Never have I played at such an entertaining, frustrating, offensive, and authentic table in my entire life. I had been playing for awhile building my meager $15 buy in to more than $80. All the players seemed to know one another and many other observers chatting and waiting in line. A few females no doubt as their play and chat was obvious. The party was on, and the poker was juicy, as payoff after payoff came my way. Playing tight locks was the prescription, and did it cure my ailments. After playing a few untraditional hands and locking up big wins, I was forced to show a 7/3 suited for a decent sized pot, and then the roast was on. Walmart (Waffles) Mookie (Pookie), Miami Don (Donald), and Slb159 (Slob) had been very chatty and appropriately made mention of my play and plans to disinherit my stack. I was table captain and getting much respect most of the night. The chat turned a bit abrasive after I returned fire, and matching zinger for zinger I was in the midst of some true mouthing aficionados. I enjoyed the banter but was a bit frustrated at times by their lack of understanding about the poker prowlis I had been displaying, although maybe I was the one that was had by engaging in the less than adult discussion. Even when the maniac convict got to the table and generously kept the merry men of four above flush in chips, I was able to stay away from dumping my big stack. OH, and one more tidbit about slb159; as a parting shot after all the fanfare and mouthing had calmed down, his parting shot was to state that he was emailing poker stars support and turning me in to get my chat revoked. Well, I have not dealt with someone inciting responses and then trying to be heavy handed by wielding the power of chat revocation, but let's just say a few notes have been made. I look forward to mixing it up with the boys again soon. GAME ON.

7 comments:

  1. Nice...welcome to blogger world. I enjoyed the cash game last night. Always fun when someone dishes it out too.

    See you around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meetcha Frodo! Welcome to the poker blogosphere *grin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great game man.. you played alright.. heh. Catch you another night. Your gonna have to send me your Girlie chat Yahoo!IM id so we can hook up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh oh...a lady commented on his site...ooops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frodo, get out while you still can. There is still hope. And when you do, send help.

    Oh, and play in the DADI. For more details, check out dadipoker.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word is PROWESS.

    Retard.

    Of all the ones to fuck up, given the context, that was one I would have used a thesaurus on if I wasn't sure.

    Oh yeah, welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, OK, not much I can say to that. I would love to go with mispelling or some complex play on words bullshit that went over everyone's head, but I don't think I can sale it. My biggest problem--not knowing I have a problem, i.e. prowliss. Also, a huge leak in my game, but I feel as if I have joined ranks with a rather transparent group that will not withold, but only for the ultimate good of my game and development as a human being. Thanks for stopping!

    ReplyDelete